UT99 Demos, History, Articles, Archives

Talk friendly or else...
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

UT99 Demos, History, Articles, Archives

Post by 100hogs »

This thread will be dedicated to stuff I salvaged from UT99 archives.
I'll try to sort them out here in the forum thread and will probably move it later to a separate web page.

Ok. We start from demos. My first painful experience in demo production. Here's the match to remember. We won and became #1. Very intense match against NBA.

This movie (and others that will follow) is based on a client side demo recording.

Unfortunately, UT optimized client side traffic and removed players and game actors that are invisible for the client. My original idea was to show both teams in action, all flag runs, saves etc. But it turned out that even IDA flag runs are not recorded completely. For instance, beginning of the first run when Vicious picked up the flag and MasterOfReality covered him and boosted through the door is not there at all because I was outside the base and UT did not send the data to my client until flag carrier showed up outside the base. Same stuff happened to NBA flag run. In my demo I see only small episodes and can't restore entire run. Sad, because it was nicely done with well implemented boosting and sneaky moves from NBA players.

Here we go. First movie with iDA flag runs and one lucky shot I will never forget. :)

http://idaclan.org/files/demos/NBAEsprit.avi (147M, Microsoft XVid MP4 codec)
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

iDA History article was uploaded. Hehe...

Here's the link:
http://idaclan.org/ida_history.shtml
Menace
Broadband fragger

Post by Menace »

WOW Interesting story. Is it really the end. I had a dream iDA came back with some of our last players. And recruited new players :shock: