New UT: CTF-Face Community Play Event (Video)

Talk friendly or else...
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

New UT: CTF-Face Community Play Event (Video)

Post by 100hogs »

EvercleaR
Chaser

Re: New UT: CTF-Face Community Play Event (Video)

Post by EvercleaR »

Hey Hogs,

Unreal Tournament 4 has been released pre-alpha. Have you played it yet? It is supposed to be open source so it shouldn't suck as much as UT3 did (I hardly played the game it was so bad) and is looking to have a good user base.
Alcohol is the cause of, and solution to, all problems.
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

EvercleaR wrote:Hey Hogs,

Unreal Tournament 4 has been released pre-alpha. Have you played it yet? It is supposed to be open source so it shouldn't suck as much as UT3 did (I hardly played the game it was so bad) and is looking to have a good user base.
Hey! Yes, I saw videos and watching Epic and BeyondUnreal podcasts regularly (posted links in the separate thread). It looks great. DId not play it yet though. Have you played it yourself?
EvercleaR
Chaser

Post by EvercleaR »

100hogs wrote: Hey! Yes, I saw videos and watching Epic and BeyondUnreal podcasts regularly (posted links in the separate thread). It looks great. DId not play it yet though. Have you played it yourself?
I haven't installed the game yet. Each time I have sat down to install the game a new alpha revision had been release and I needed to download again. I read that a subscription to the UnrealEngine4 ($20/month) was required, but it seems at though that requirement may have been lifted. It looks like it is going to be a while before the full game is released and it is looking to mimic UT2004 with the faster game play so hopefully we will get some of the old community to start playing again, though LGI is not anywhere near the top of the list of concerns. Have you heard from anyone recently? I saw Menace posted recently, but not too much action otherwise.
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

EvercleaR wrote:
100hogs wrote: Hey! Yes, I saw videos and watching Epic and BeyondUnreal podcasts regularly (posted links in the separate thread). It looks great. DId not play it yet though. Have you played it yourself?
I haven't installed the game yet. Each time I have sat down to install the game a new alpha revision had been release and I needed to download again. I read that a subscription to the UnrealEngine4 ($20/month) was required, but it seems at though that requirement may have been lifted. It looks like it is going to be a while before the full game is released and it is looking to mimic UT2004 with the faster game play so hopefully we will get some of the old community to start playing again, though LGI is not anywhere near the top of the list of concerns. Have you heard from anyone recently? I saw Menace posted recently, but not too much action otherwise.
According to what Epic developers are saying in weekly updates, they indeed are trying to take the best and balance components from UT99 and 2k4. They're constantly tweaking the game and listen to old timers. Couple weeks ago they did a community event and tested gameplay with community players, which is nice. Not sure about LGI, but IG is definitely on the list. There was a playable IG in one of previous builds. You don't need the subscription if you use already binaries from the community. Go to beyondunreal.com or join them on the IRC chat with them, they will explain you how and where to download it. I believe the last official pre-alpha build was available for everybody who was subscribed to Epic forums.
Yeh, I see Menace and Vicious on facebook. They're busy with family life these days. Do you hear from anybody else?
EvercleaR
Chaser

Post by EvercleaR »

100hogs wrote: According to what Epic developers are saying in weekly updates, they indeed are trying to take the best and balance components from UT99 and 2k4. They're constantly tweaking the game and listen to old timers. Couple weeks ago they did a community event and tested gameplay with community players, which is nice. Not sure about LGI, but IG is definitely on the list. There was a playable IG in one of previous builds. You don't need the subscription if you use already binaries from the community. Go to beyondunreal.com or join them on the IRC chat with them, they will explain you how and where to download it. I believe the last official pre-alpha build was available for everybody who was subscribed to Epic forums.
Yeh, I see Menace and Vicious on facebook. They're busy with family life these days. Do you hear from anybody else?
I haven't heard from anyone outside of UR_Ugly. I am hopeful that the news of the game will bring the old teams out of the woodwork. I logged on to Xfire and I am pretty sure no one uses that anymore or I need to get it updated. I will jump onto IRC later this week and see about getting UT4 to start working. You have plans to play Hogs?
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

EvercleaR wrote: I haven't heard from anyone outside of UR_Ugly. I am hopeful that the news of the game will bring the old teams out of the woodwork. I logged on to Xfire and I am pretty sure no one uses that anymore or I need to get it updated. I will jump onto IRC later this week and see about getting UT4 to start working. You have plans to play Hogs?
I will definitely try UT4, but not sure if I will have time to play it seriously. I wanted to try pre-alpha like 2 weeks ago but was sucked into work and family stuff. Very busy. Plus, trying to defend my city from enemy smurfs in Ingress. :D
Yeh, looks like everybody moved from XFire to Steam these days. You can find me there under hogzie. I play TF2 once in a while.