anyone increase mouse sampling rate?

Talk friendly or else...
J1
Spawnkiller

anyone increase mouse sampling rate?

Post by J1 »

Been reading a bit about overclocking USB ports to increase the sampling rate of mice (and hence slightly quicker reaction time) - does anyone use this for UT2004? Apparently you also need to edit the .ini file to increase the sampling rate after you overclock.

Just checking to see if anyone actually does this, and does it work?
bRuce_Lee
I wanna be cool!

Post by bRuce_Lee »

if ANYONE notices the difference between a normal usb port and an overclocked usb port, they are superman. not even bruce_lee would notice a change like that
breeze
Slick Pothead

Post by breeze »

pfff...you as slow as the rest of them dumbass :mrgreen:
bRuce_Lee
I wanna be cool!

Post by bRuce_Lee »

pfff...apparently breeze hasn't seen FISTS OF FURY
slinky
UT nerd

Post by slinky »

I tried and hated it... balrog used it for a long time. Not worth the hassle imho.

EDIT: Assuming you are talking about overclocking the USB rate... I also had problems with other USB devices when clocking USB at 500. So forget about it if you have external HDD enclosures, digital camera pictures to transfer, scanner, etc.
bRuce_Lee
I wanna be cool!

Post by bRuce_Lee »

what is the default rate slinky?
J1
Spawnkiller

Post by J1 »

I think the default rate is 250. I overclocked mine to 500 - all attached USB peripherals working fine...except possibly my keyboard which has decided to start blinking it's lights randomnly - not sure if this is because of the overclock or not. My try reverting USB back to normal and see if this still occurs.
breeze
Slick Pothead

Post by breeze »

dude...like is there anyway i can overclock my mouse pad? It can't handle the friction caused by the sudden spurts of lightning fast movement of my wrist scraping over it while leaving the mouse over to the coke can and then over to the sandwich while playing UT :mrgreen:
J1
Spawnkiller

Post by J1 »

lol
slinky
UT nerd

Post by slinky »

by default, mice are sampled at 125hz on USB
bRuce_Lee
I wanna be cool!

Post by bRuce_Lee »

ok......so on one hand, if you can tell the difference between 8ms and 2ms, it would be a good idea to overclock your usb port.

and on the other hand, if your are a HUMAN, it does not matter in the least.