'Shues

Talk friendly or else...
SgtZim
Backshooter

'Shues

Post by SgtZim »

Umm ... just a couple of things I'm noticing right away ...

There's no way to change away from the Cobalt theme? I see the option in my profile, but it doesn't actually change anything.

Also, will we have avatars again?

Should we just make this a bitch thread?
"Oh boy, pico de gallo
They sure don't make it like this in Ohio..."
-- Weird Al Yancovic

100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Re: 'Shues

Post by 100hogs »

SgtZim wrote:Umm ... just a couple of things I'm noticing right away ...

There's no way to change away from the Cobalt theme? I see the option in my profile, but it doesn't actually change anything.

Also, will we have avatars again?

Should we just make this a bitch thread?
Cobalt is forced to be default theme for all because only ghey themes are allowed on this board. :P
I thought avatars work here. I'll check them later today. phpBB also allows to upload avatars. I don't think it's turned on yet.
Bitch thread is a good idea. I like it. :lol:
SgtZim
Backshooter

Post by SgtZim »

Okay, just to keep the bitch-thread going.

Can we get the avatars larger, at least the size they were with the old forum? :wink:

What about themes? Proboards either needs to let us pick a non-cobalt theme, or take away the illusion of choice.

Whiny enough?
zim

:bounce:
"Oh boy, pico de gallo
-- Weird Al Yancovic

SgtZim
Backshooter

Post by SgtZim »

See. I'm trying to post-whore. I just had another idea. how about disabling Guest's ability to post? might save us a ton of useless spam.

later
zim
"Oh boy, pico de gallo
-- Weird Al Yancovic

100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Try now, avatars should be allowed to be bigger now. I'll probably disable guests in this forum, but who's gonna be bitching here but them? :P
As for themes. Alternatives will add some work. I'll have to customize menues and logos on every forum. I'll see if I can do that at least for 2 themes. You're welcome to customize a theme yourself. :bsod:
Still can't understand how phpBB calculates timezones. :(

It's now showing corect GMT time. How to make it show correct timezone!? PHP and phpBB gurus?
SgtZim
Backshooter

Post by SgtZim »

See, that's the cool thing. Most of this should be settled in your user profile.

Okay ... take a look at this:
Image[/img]

There where it says Board Style -> Chronicle is where you pick your phpBB skin. They're all set up server-side, and the user picks their favorite. Now, that control is showing Cobalt, Chronicle and SubSilver (SS is the phpBB default.) Changing it has no effect, though, we keep coming back to Cobalt, or at least, I do).

As for Time Zone, you should be able to set it right there under board style ... You can even pick how you want your time displayed. phpBB is way cool.

later
zim
"Oh boy, pico de gallo
-- Weird Al Yancovic

100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Ok, now I got it. Though I still don't get what's timezone setting in forum (not profile) settings for. May be it was designed for Windows hosting because Windows computer contrary to Linux boxes store time in local time when Linux stores it in GMT always. And another weird thing. I had to set my local timzone to GMT-7 when it's actually is GMT-8. I doubt that it's daylight saving fault.

As for skins, like I said, other skins besides this one have not been customized yet. You're welcome to do it yourself. :P
SgtZim
Backshooter

Post by SgtZim »

100hogs wrote:As for skins, like I said, other skins besides this one have not been customized yet. You're welcome to do it yourself. :P
All right, boss. I'm on the case.

edit 2005-05-12@1741: Uhh ... Maybe I'm confused. From what I know of phpBB and from what I get from the docs, once the theme/skin is installed, there's no more work to do. There's a ton of 'em on the phpBB site that are ready to install. I know for a fact that "subSilver" is the default, and should work ... And "Cobalt" that I'm seeing right now, and presume that everyone else is seeing, is NOT. :?

Hey, are we going to have the members only forum again?

see, I can bitch and post-whore all day when I want to. :thewave:

later
zim
"Oh boy, pico de gallo
-- Weird Al Yancovic

100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Members forums permissions are fixed now. :cheers:
fightingmink
Fragwhore

Post by fightingmink »

How bout banners? I've got to upload a banner I want to use. How do we do that again?
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

You can use signature to add banners. I believe tags do the trick.