Requesting Unban

All questions about bans, maps and other issues should be posted here
blackout
Double Jumping Noobie

Requesting Unban

Post by blackout »

Hello. This is »MøV~`ß|àçkøüt°. I was banned a few months ago from the iDA full version server. I never found out what exactly I was banned for. Since I was moving at the time, I didn't spend much time looking into this matter. I only play UT occasionally but I would like to play again on the full server since I see many people still find it popular for some 1v1 action or just fun.

Almost forgot, I think the person that banned me is Menace. I could be mistaken but that was the only admin I can think of that was in the last game I played on the iDA server.

P.S.
I'm banned from the demo iDA server as well but that was a mistake that one of the admins from SIME carried on to your server. It was a popular debate at the time of the ban but it got settled in the end against me.
Menace
Broadband fragger

Post by Menace »

Yes blakcout it was me that banned you. Thx for registering and since you want to play in our server again, thx for trying to fix this matter. As you might not remember but i do. The last game you played their was 3 more ppl in the same server with the same cd key or Guid if you like to call it that. I asked you if you had any clue. you responded that you have no clue. I dont want to acuse you of anything like cheating but it is a possibility since we have found ppl botting, crashing servers, ect...even with antytcc On. Someone told me you knew why you got ban but didnt go into details. So ill be waiting for your side of the story.
blackout
Double Jumping Noobie

Post by blackout »

I had a vague idea about the reason for the ban. Although I wasn't certain. Since I really didn't know what was going on at the time of the ban, I had nothing to say during that last game. As for the hacking goes, I had no reason to try and crash the server or anything. I've never used an aimbot although a bunch of people may accuse others with a good shot, nothing unusual. Anyways, I'm probably rusty now but I'd like to continue playing again on the server. So basically to sum it up, I had no intention of using hacks nor did I at the time of the ban.
Menace
Broadband fragger

Post by Menace »

Can you answer me, why their were more than 1 person with the same ID or guid as you?
zømg.°
Backshooter

Post by zømg.° »

If it isn't a demo GUID, maybe he's sharing with someone else? This "blackout" is crucifix and yeah, he did end up being banned on soap for botting or radar. It was a close vote, and I remember watching the demo then, but can't recall now.
Menace
Broadband fragger

Post by Menace »

No demo guids in full servers. Never has and never will. Anyways he might have been sharing keys. Can you share it with 3 other ppl? and if he did. Why didnt he explained it to me when i asked him? Im still waiting for him to explain why the other 3 alike guids.
zømg.°
Backshooter

Post by zømg.° »

Yeah, I read he was banned from demo as well, and my mind slipped. Anyway, at the time of the ban, Cake listed some very reputable names, including a few ex-iDA'ers, who all viewed the demo and confirmed his suspicions.
Menace
Broadband fragger

Post by Menace »

I didnt knew he was ban from demo, yet i cant do anything about it without knowing who ban him in the first place and the reason why? Not only that if blackout has a different side of the story sure i will listen. The only way he can get unban if the person that ban him was wrong or they work things out and explain the events. In any case if that person who ban him is no longer in the team or doesnt have admin, then the captains vote on it. Captains also vote if they think the ban was a bad one.

Now since he already knows i ban him. Im trying to work things out and get an explanation from him. No need for anything else like votes and pictures. And is also the full server ban.
blackout
Double Jumping Noobie

Post by blackout »

Addressing the matter of same GUID numbers for different players, it might of been some of my friends. It probably was a night when we were bored and decided to play UT. They pretty much never play but I just let em borrow my discs to install and try out the game a long time ago. I don't really see any problem here since it really wasn't affecting the condition of the server. Obviously they were playing terrible so in no way they could have been botting or whatnot. As I said before, server crashing wasn't an intention either. To my understanding the server stayed running normal and I don't really understand why someone bans in this case unless the admin experiences problems that interrupt the functioning of the server.
Menace
Broadband fragger

Post by Menace »

Listen blackout, as i said before. Things like botting, crashing servers, duplicating players is all possible even with Antitcc up. I also was confuse and didnt know what to make of it. As you also know grayghost is Master Server Ban by an unknown reason, and is realy wierd trust me i been trying to help him. Now if you knew it was your friends, you could've said something. Maybe you didnt knew it was them but, if you knew you did have let someone borrow your game to play it. You should have said something about it. I did ask you like 3-4 times that day about the guids before i ban it. As you didnt understand before same with me i was woundering of the possobilities of 4 alike guids. Wether you understand it or not as an admin i have my own reasons for my actions. And even if you think they are wrong thx for trying to fix this problem calmly. Now thx for explaining have fun.

P.S. Hope to see you soon on the server.